JEFFREY LUE, MD
Dr. Jeffrey Lue believes in thorough and compassionate orthopedic care. His philosophy is to treat every patient the way he would want his family to be treated. Dr. Lue practices general orthopedics with an emphasis on sports injuries. His specialty includes arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, and shoulder.
Dr. Lue completed his undergraduate studies at New York University where he earned his bachelor of arts in biology and graduated with distinction. He then received his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Southern California. After his residency, Dr. Lue pursued fellowship training in sports medicine at Baylor Methodist Hospital in Houston, Texas. He is board eligible by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
Dr. Lue has extensive sports medicine experience. During his fellowship training, he served as assistant team physician to the Houston Rockets (professional basketball), Houston Texans (professional football), Houston Astros (professional baseball), Houston Dynamo (major league soccer), Rice University (college football), and Manyel High School football team. He was also a former sports medicine physician for NASA astronauts.
Multilingual in English, Spanish, and Mandarin, Dr. Lue enjoys playing golf and basketball, attending sporting events, traveling overseas, and spending time with his wife.
Eduction & Training
- BA: Biology, New York University
- MD: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Internship: University of Southern California
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine, Baylor Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Texas Orthopaedic Association
- Texas Medical Association
Ready to schedule an appointment?
Fill out our contact form or give us a call at Legacy Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.